T and Cs
National Youth & Community Development Association
NYCDA Weekly Draw
Terms and Conditions
Lottery Name: National Youth and Community Development Association ‘NYCDA’ Weekly Draw
Promoting Society: National Youth and Community Development Association (NYCDA)
Lottery Administration & Membership Support:
NYCDA Weekly Draw,
1-2 Frecheville Court, off Knowsley Street,
Tel 0161 470 6331/ 01204 357 010
Email [email protected]
• The operator of this lottery is NYCDA and members participate via the NYCDA Weekly Draw.
• Your purchase of lottery chances is from the Society solely in accordance with the terms under which the Society from time to time promotes its lotteries. Full details of these terms can be supplied to you upon request by emailing to player support at [email protected] – or by contacting your local beneficiary partner
• By purchasing a membership to the NYCDA Weekly Draw via a beneficiary partner, you are agreeing that the proceeds from that membership will support the beneficiary’s community projects, which meet NYCDA’s associated aims and objectives
• You represent and agree to abide by the Lottery Rules (see below), which fit within the Gambling Commission’s LCCP framework (specifically LCCP 11)
• By registering electronically on this website (and associated banking platform) you acknowledge that you will have no claim against us for any failure of any equipment or software (wherever located or administered and whether or not under our control) or any other delay or failure which may delay or prevent your purchase of lottery chances.
• You agree that we are the sole owner of all rights to technology, software and business systems utilized in this website and its associated systems and that your use of this website (and registration thereon) confers no rights whatsoever to intellectual property contained or utilized therein. Use or publication by you of any item displayed on this website is strictly prohibited. Subject thereto (and to the rights of copyright owners other than ourselves) documents appearing on this website may be copied by you for your personal use only and on condition that the copyright notice and source indications are also copied, that no modifications are made and that the document is copied in its entirety.
• As part of your participate you will be communicated with via methods including email or Lottery related topics e.g. results, where the funds go, winners publicity
• If you do not wish to receive further mailings from us and our beneficiaries, please email player support at the email address listed above or contact your local affiliate beneficiary organisation directly.
Please email us via [email protected] or send a stamped addressed envelope to:
Rules Request, The NYCDA Weekly Draw, NYCDA, 1-2 Frecheville Court, off Knowsley Street, Bury, BL9 0UF
The main points covered by the Rules are:
• The society will conduct the draw every Wednesday. The draw will be conducted by a random number generator provided by a longstanding partner of the industry.
• The winning numbers will be published on the NYCDA website and distributed to all affiliates and beneficiaries for display via their website, social media platforms and email
• The cost of each entry is £1. Players may purchase more than one entry and payment must be made in advance. Entry is at a maximum of £2 per week, except at per the discretion of the board/ beneficiary partner for business level memberships.
• Not to be sold by or to anyone under 16 years of age
• The current prize fund is £1275 in total, which is made up of £1000, £100, £50, £25 and 10 x £10
• The NYCDA Weekly Draw aims to support its beneficiary partners and a variety of sporting organizations and other charities with a range of sport, health and education based projects
• The society may reject any application without giving reason at its absolute discretion.
• Prizes for the NYCDA Weekly Draw are displayed on the NYCDA Website. There are no alternatives to any prize and no interest is payable. Prizes will be sent by cheque or bank transfer within 14 days.
• Non-cash prizes will be organised with the winner within 14 days
• The society reserves the right to use winners’ names for promotional purposes. These will only be in summary, e.g. Mrs Smith, any street, any town.
• The society is not responsible for any delay in bank payments.
• No liability is accepted for the loss, theft or delayed receipt of any communication sent by post.
• Any prizes that have not been claimed or cashed within 6 months will be deemed as a donation to NYCDA and/ or its local beneficiary partner to be used in conjunction with their community programmes.
• The society may (without giving any reason or notice) decline to accept an application, cancel an existing subscription, or terminate or suspend the lottery scheme. In the event of the lottery scheme being terminated or suspended then all subscriptions will be returned to the member within 30 days.
• The society’s decisions made pursuant to the Rules shall, once made, be final and binding. Licenced by the Gambling Commission via Licence Acc No: 5166.
• For more info visit www.nycda.co.uk and National Youth and Community Development Association – Licence summary – Gambling Commission
• You accept that this lottery is regulated by the Gambling Commission and that in certain circumstances we may be unable to provide refunds or replacements once you have purchased your chances.
• Should these rules be changed, NYCDA will meet all LCCP requirements and communicate such changes to all members via a variety of means including, but not limited to direct contact, telephone calls. social media promotion, website updates.
• Members retain the right to amend their membership level as per these communications
• Any members funds that are paid in advance e.g. by annual payments, will be kept in a ringfenced bank account, with the associated reconciliation paperwork held on file and through the lottery systems own records.
• Should members wish to cancel their membership and this results in a balance on account, the member will be entered into subsequent draws until the balance has gone.
• If the member has stopped their membership due to problem gambling, the board will ensure any outstanding funds are returned to the member in full
• Members retain the right to self-exclude and on doing so, or if NYCDA feel there is reason to exclude, such members will be informed of the decision to add them to the NYCDA exclusion register. Members can submit a completed Lottery Exclusion Form, which is available through the www.nycda.co.uk website and via beneficiary partners, or get in touch via contact details above to discuss accordingly
Segregation of Funds – Protection statement
• We are required by our licence to inform customers about what happens to funds which we hold on account for you, and the extent to which funds are protected in the event of insolvency. Please visit – How gambling businesses protect your money (gamblingcommission.gov.uk) for more information
We hold customer funds separate from NYCDA company funds in either a ringfenced NYCDA Advanced Payments & Commission Account or the NYCDA Weekly Draw account. NYCDA holds these multiple accounts to ensure the separation of NYCDA Weekly Draw accounts from NYCDA operational accounts.
To further protect against insolvency, NYCDA utilises ‘independent oversight’ via external accountants to monitor these bank accounts, as well as paying for suitable levels of insurance in the form of Professional Insurance and Director & Officers cover In the event of insolvency, the annex a holders would instruct these accountants to return outstanding member balances to the members.
This means that steps have been taken to protect customer funds but that there is no absolute guarantee that all funds will be repaid. This meets the Gambling Commission’s requirements for the segregation of customer funds at the level: medium protection.